Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Ladies


I wanted to share with you a beautiful lamp my husband bought for me a few years back.


We often go to auctions in remote areas to find really neat items for the shop. Well, this particular time I didn't go and he went alone.


He brought back several things for the store but he said this lamp was for me because he knew I would love it . . . Well, I was so thrilled and it is very much my taste!


The price: a mere $60.00. I have it in our bedroom in the center of my dresser. I've seen one other at the Lakewood Antiques Market and it was in pitiful condition with no paint remaining and it was priced $250.00!



11 comments:

For Love Of Home said...

Dawn, this lamp is so you and you are right, it is beautiful. I remember when you showed me pictures of it before, but these photos show its beauty so much more.

Akelamalu said...

Your husband has an eye for beauty and a bargain!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

That is a gorgeous lamp! My your husband has wonderful taste!

Anonymous said...

Just love your lamp!
Carol
http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/

The Feathered Nest said...

It's so funny, it's really not his taste at all but he just knew that this particular lamp was my taste for sure! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments ~ Dawn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lamps and what a steal of a price!!

Susie Q said...

Stunning lamp and sweet husband to gift you with such a treasure!
He has quite an eye.
I guess that is how he spotted YOU! He has an eye for lovely things! : )

Hugs,
Sue

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

i imagine sisters...or the dearest of friends...love it!

Gypsy Purple said...

Wow...what a stunning and lovely piece!!!!...and a great bargain as well....nice thing to look at next to your bed just before drifting off......

FrenchGardenHouse said...

This is a Gorgeous Piece! What a dear husband you have, you are blessed. :)

Your blog is always sooo restful and soft and romantic, thanks for sharing your treasure.

Lidy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...