Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Something new...


This was just a regular, newish metal star that I found a few days ago for the store. Well, I didn't want newish and have been thinking about this idea for awhile so when I found the star I knew it was time to try it.

I've covered it completely with pages from an old falling apart dictionary and another old, old book that was losing it's pages also. I buy these lost little books regularly, hoping that their pages have an aged patina, so when I use them in my projects, they will show their age with pride!

What is it about print, type faces, and the speckled age spots that I love so much? They look old and have so much character!!

p.s. I used matte gel medium to adhere the pages to the star. And the star was pretty glossy ~ I just painted the gel medium onto the star, put a page on and then painted the gel medium right on top, overlapping as you go, kind of like when you decoupage something!

14 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Oh Dawn I love it! Your creations are always so unique and you have a wonderful style.

Lana

ps. Is that a little cabinet in the upper left corner? Is it in your shop?

sheila from life @ #17 said...

what a great idea! I would have never thought of it :)

Jamie said...

This is a wonderful idea! A perfect way to transform something new and shiny. Good thinkin' Girl! Love, Jamie

Lori said...

this sounds perfectly wonderful...but laptop won't show me...was hoping it was on etsy so i could view...but alas no...i posted a picture of my sweet shoe where it sits charmingly on my porch, come take a peek...

Wendy said...

Love it Dawn! You are so creative.

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, I love this! I want to make one now. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Dixie

Anonymous said...

That looks so cool!!! I love the papers on it!!!

Mica

Anonymous said...

Love this Dawn!!!

Smiles,

Carol

Anonymous said...

Did you just glue and that's it? Thanks, Tina

Stillwaters Music said...

Dawn, I LOVE your creative ideas! You are an inspiration, for sure!
~Nena~

Anonymous said...

Il est génial ton collage, et cette étoile brille par beauté !

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Dawn: you have the coolest ideas; love it all!!

Sam I Am said...

yum!!! this makes me twitch !! i feel the need to decoupage!!! :)

Kathryn J Cain said...

Maybe that's better...sometime I need to take a pic of the paper star I made...as big but all done in a folded music paper....Lov yours


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...