Friday, August 3, 2007

An unbelievable shade of paint ~ such inspiration!

Cindy, my business partner at The Plum Tree, has decided to take a room at another antiques store, create a weekly blog for them and just to help out. The store is Ms. Wendy's Antiques in Brooks, Georgia. She's sold there in the past and has a wonderful friendship with the owner, Wendy.

Well, anyway, I just had to post a few photos of her room in the beginning stages. The color is absolutely amazing!! It is the softest shade of pale blue-green. Very pale robin's egg, to me. I know it looks like different shades in the photos but it's just the different light in each one. Cindy loves tones of brown, mocha, sepia, vanilla and cream. Most of the treasures she finds to sell are in these shades. Her house is decorated in these gorgeous colors, also. Don't you just love this paint color though? What a beautiful backdrop for her antiques . . . I can't wait to show you more!


Oh and yes, you MUST notice the gorgeous fragments of lace she has used as window treatments ~ beautiful, Cindy!






19 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I love lace curtains, actually lace anything. It is a beautiful room. Nita

Kathleen Grace said...

What color is that? It's really beautiful! It looks pale blue in my photos.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks like a very soft blue also. The lace treatment is perfect. You both are very busy ladies!
Best,
Kathy

Cindy said...

You show us the perfect paint color and don't tell us the color! Shame on you..hehe

It looks beautiful! I love the lace!

Lori said...

very beautiful color and the lace at the windows *sigh* divine!!!

Anonymous said...

Are those lace fragments at the windows in her home or shop? If they are for sale, I am interested!
Annie
adayinthegarden@comcast.net

Lena said...

It's all perfectly lovely!
Your artwork is too.
Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Please, please tell us the paint color! Beautiful!

Anita said...

I love the lace window treatment idea! Very beautiful! I'm going to have to try it here...

Deb said...

Gorgeous pics & paint shade & I love the delicate lace curtains.
Have a wonderful weekend Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Looks great and I live those three heads I spy on top of that cabinet!
Donna

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Beautiful! Love the color. Isn't it fun to restyle things for a fresh look?

Cape Cod Washashore said...

wow! Pale green is one of my favorite decorating colors... that room rivals any B&B room I've seen here on the Cape!

Linda Jo said...

Yes, please tell us the name of the paint and who it's by. These are important things we need to know. Love it!

Linda

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Dawn... oh my gosh...I had to catch my breath when I saw that paint color!! I was just at lowes trying to DECIDE on a paint color yesterday... do you know the shade and maker by chance??

JUST so lovely! I wish I lived closer so I could come and shop in your store!!!

xo Heather

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

and almost forgot.... the LACE!! ohh

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

What a beautiful room! You're right, the colors are gorgeous together. Looks like a fun project..

Kitty

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

For the last couple of years, that has been my favorite color! But I can never quite get the mix right when i go to use it. I'd love to know what color it is,exactly that she used? Do you think she'd mind sharing that info?

Sadie Olive said...

I do love that color, so pretty!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...