Friday, September 14, 2007

A thankful spirit ~


I have to admit it, I'm not always the cheerful, sweet person that you might think I am. I can be grumpy, down-in-the-dumps or even just downright sad. I try to blame it on hormones because frankly, I do believe that they rule your life but anyway . . . when these feelings creep up on me, I have to talk myself out of them. What in the world do I have to be sad about? That's when I have to respond with a thankful spirit.


A thankful spirit is truly what lifts me up. To stop and think of all the many blessings in my life makes me realize, "Wow, this is a wonderful time in my life and I am truly thankful for each and everything blessing . . ."


Just a small thought for you today to be thankful for all things, that they will work together for good. Maybe by building character qualities in you or even to take you to a different, better place.


Remember ~ These are the good ole' days!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! xxoo, Dawn

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dawn!Even your name fits todays post, right? Be thankful for each new day. You have a great weekend, too!
D.
PS-You must be getting excited for NEXT weekend!!
D.

Dena said...

Hi Dawn,

I'm with you and working on it every day. It's all about the perspective and those dang hormones!

PAT said...

Hello Dawn...thanks so much for a wonderful post! Your words speak volumes!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a true human spirit.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

So true! I posted something similar this week... we are thinking alike! =)

Lori said...

Dawn, this is so true! and also I think a large part of happiness is a choice we make to BE happy!

Sharon said...

A beautiful sentiment Dawn, makes us all stop and think before complaining. Blessings

Dana said...

Thanks for the encouraging word!I"ve been telling my college age kids this all week particularly my son. They're struggling with some tough things in school. It's very important to have an attitude of gratitude

Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness for your honesty! I will never question my many blessings but I have a few...OK, OK more than a few, moments when I don't seem all that appreciative for my blessings. At this stage in my life I blame it on hormone changes. Let's be honest our blessings give us many sleepless nights too. We worry about all those blessings and all the day to day responsiblilities. After all that said...life is beautiful my friend. And you made me smile again!
Peace,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

How timely. I've been so busy with work and now school and trying to keep up with what I want to do. I've been feeling a "little" grumpy. What a sweet way to remind me about being thankful!

Amy said...

Thanks for being so honest. It is fun to hear about and see the sweet and beautiful things in life...but it means a lot to share the real side of difficult days too!

Stop by and sign up for my giveaway!
Amy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful post Dawn! It helps to know that everyone else goes through the same feelings now and then...
Penny

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Dawn, I know I have such days and often say the same things to myself about being thankful for all that I have. xo Heather


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...