Thursday, June 5, 2008

Treasures don't have to cost a fortune ~

I found a few more treasures when I was out shopping yesterday ~ Do you love doll clothes? I don't know why but they are so adorable to me! Especially white, cream and pastel colored items. I always pick them up when the price is good and these were only about 2.00 for all four pieces! I want to create something with them but haven't quite gotten to that yet.

The linens are old and need a nice, gentle wash but look at the detail on the doily in the center! Just beautiful and a .50 each I knew these wonderful old linens, stains and all, were coming home with me!




This old pillowcase is stained quite bad but the stitchery is so pretty ~ and look at the pink birds!! I've used these edges as flaps on pillows that I've sewn before. Or maybe transformed into a lavender sachet?


I ended up at Target after my little antique shopping spree and look what was on the clearance shelf?! The same notecards that I featured on my blog a few months back! I think they are wonderful so I grabbed a package of these. They were around 4.50 or 4.98 a package ~



Also on clearance, these three ring binders. Aren't they so pretty? I'm not sure what I'm putting in them but for only 2.50 each they were another must have!

One other little bag I bought at the antique store contained a broken strand of pearls and a broken pin ~ BEAUTIFUL! Why are the broken, old objects so wonderful? Because they have potential and possiblity. They could be transformed into a simple cluster on a button bottle or an adornment on an assemblage. Turning a broken, forgotten trinket into a beautiful centerpiece truly brings me bliss!



Wishing you a wonderful Thursday ~ xxoo, Dawn

26 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

love vintage linens and goodies like that too. very pretty.

Nancy Hood said...

Dawn! got your postal money order in the mail, along with some goodies :) I'm cleaning, cleaning, cleaning out with the move and found some items that I know will fit in with your artwork at some point in time. Our post office is Prattville is a total pain to go to, for a town of 35,000 you'd think they could move people through quicker!!! Along with my short term memory problem it hasn't been fair to you~PayPal is my lifesaver :) BUT you should be getting it soon!!

Veronica said...

You are so right, treasure doesn't have to cost a fortune. : )

And by reusing all those discarded and neglected bits you are preventing them going in the landfill - even art can help save the planet! yay.

Lori said...

great goodies Dawn!!! i love a good deal:)

vikki said...

hi sweetie ~ i sooo love the linens, the different shades of ivorys and creams. and love, love broken jewelry ~ u can do many wonderful things with them. i even love the old clasps that are on some of them, they are usually a gem of their own. have a creative filled day m'dear sweet friend. much love, blessings * vikki xxooxo

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

You know me, even broken vintage jewelry I love. Those are very pretty and I know you will find a way to use them. Can't wait to see!

Faith

katylinvw said...

looks like a lot of fun projects to come! :) i wanted to let you know that i gave you a blog award! stop by my blog to read about it!

bluemagpie said...

I found these shabby paper goods at Target too! I love them! At 50% off how could you not buy 'em? Thanks for your inspiration. I absolutely love your website!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I think finding these "overlooked" treasures is half the fun of antiquing.
Happy creating!

Alisa Noble said...

Oh what beautiful finds!

Beth said...

What wonderful treasures you found yesterday. I Love thrift store bargains and also love Target. I can't wait to see what kind of art you make with all your goodies!
xoxoxooxoxoox

Lorrie said...

Such pretty treasures - and full of potential. You can see their beauty enhanced.

Have a great day!
Lorrie

Bristol said...

What perfect treasures, enjoyed stopping by, love your blog.
Bristol

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn. I have been reading your blog for a couple of months now, and I really just want to say Thank You for your uplifting and positive disposition. In a world of madness, you are a lovely flower on a sunny day, that makes me smile while I drink my morning coffee. Keep up the good work! Ciao, Maria

Jann said...

I knew I'd feel better if I visited! (I woke up with a nasty migraine this morning . . .) anyway, I agree with you wholeheartedly about this subject--I love what you bought, especially the embroidered pillowcase! It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Dawn! Hugs with gratitude, Jann

Anonymous said...

Buongiorno Dawn...visito sempre il tuo blog...a dire poco, è fantastico...riesci sempre a trovare dei vecchi oggetti meravigliosi che riesci a trasformare con bravura!!
Ti seguo sempre, baci, *Maristella*.

Renna said...

I think I'd have a blast shopping with you, as we'd likely be drawn to all the same things! Of course, that could be problematic when there's only 'one' item available. ;-Þ

Those notecards and binders are sooo pretty. I miss not living near any good shopping. My nearest Target is nearly two hours away. It was one of my favorite places to shop when I lived near a city.

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Those old broken pieces are always appealing to me because it means they were well loved and used, with a history behind them! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Angie

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Those old broken pieces are always appealing to me because it means they were well loved and used, with a history behind them! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Angie

Elizabeth said...

Wow, pretty, pretty! Boy, I wish you lived nearby. I have neat stuff, like to antique purses and antique toddler dresses and I don't know how to display them. You have a great eye for beauty!

Mary said...

Thanks for taking time in your busy day to visit the party on the porch today Dawn - and your comments are truly appreciated as always.

Lovely findings - know you will be busy making beauteous things - you talented and sweet artist.

Fondly - Mary (Across the Pond)

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn I love the notecards you got from Target..Beautiful.
And the 3 ring binders.
All your stuff is beautiful..
xoxo Nita

Unknown said...

So cute! Adorable finds!

bluemuf said...

Beautiful finds, but the descriptions made them even better.

Thank you
Karen

Sherry said...

There is something lovable about broken treasures -- and doll clothes -- something very special about those as well.

Vee said...

You do find some wonderful treasures! Very sweet...


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...