Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Monday sweet friends ~

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

"As autumn returns to earth's northern hemisphere, and day and night are briefly, but perfectly, balanced at the equinox, may we remember anew how fragile life is ---- human life, surely, but also the lives of all other creatures, trees and plants, waters and winds.

May we make wise choices in how and what we harvest, may earth's weather turn kinder, may there be enough food for all creatures, may the diminishing light in our daytime skies be met by an increasing compassion and tolerance in our hearts."
Kathleen Jenks, Autumn Lore

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

George Eliot

My son Brad brought me in this beautiful leaf the other day and I couldn't keep it all to myself! I had to scan it and share it with you.

We had a wonderful Sunday at home yesterday. Straightening the house up for company ~ my DH's parents and cousin came to have dinner with us. DH loves to cook and made the most amazing Sunday evening dinner. A breakfast meal! Hash brown casserole, sausage, biscuits and last but not least scrambled eggs. It was delicious ~

The weather's been wonderful here in Georgia, wonderfully fall-like. And when my in-laws left last night to head home, we could even see our breath...Chilly!!!



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Below I've scanned in some images from a precious old children's coloring book. Well the first bird was colored all over by a young sweetie but I scanned it in and then used my Photoshop Elements to clean it up!! How cool is that? Feel free to take these images and use them. I think they would make BEAUTIFUL embroidery patterns for redwork, don't you?





Maybe today I can finish embellishing my chubby little bird
Wishing you a wonderful Monday ~

xxoo, Dawn

6 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Thank you for a beautiful blog which I discovered sometime ago and I read with great interest. May I copy the lovely pictures to practice my Redwork on?

From the Attic said...

Aaaahhh, yes, there is nothing like Autumn. I think it has to be my most favourite season. I just love that quote by George Eliot.
Chrissie

Vee said...

Wow, that is chilly for your corner.

What nice quotes for autumn.

I love having breakfast for supper. That sounded like good fun.

Sandy said...

There is nothing like having a family gathering on a Sunday afternoon. We had one too and I relished having both my chicks back in the nest for a day.

We are a bit further South than you but our leaves are starting to change and a chill is in the air.

I loved the quotes! Sweet Monday wishes sent your way!

marie said...

I love the little coloring book pictures and you're right - perfect for redwork!

It sounds like you're quickly learning about Photoshop Elements. I've had it since August and have learned a few things. I never would have thought to use it for "cleaning up" old coloring book pages though!

Have a wonderful, crispy fall Monday!

Thanks for sharing the quotes - they were lovely.

Trish said...

And a very happy Monday to you too Dawn.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...