Monday, October 12, 2009

Blessed ~

Do you ever have days when a thankful feeling washes over you
and then you stop,
and realize....
how truly blessed you really are?

Your eyes fill with tears and you know
that even though you've had hard times
or difficulties in your life,
you KNOW you are blessed.

One thing that I always want to remember
is how blessed my life is and also to always
be thankful for those blessings.

We can get so bogged down by petty little things in our lives
but when we stop and think about it...
in the scheme of things,
a thankful heart and thinking of all the good in our lives,
our family, friends, loved ones...
our relationships with one another while we are here on this earth,
that is what is important and brings us true happiness....



Can you believe this angel will be 7 months old Oct. 23rd??
You know, we blinked...and look how much time has passed!
We watched Clara Saturday while Brent and Emily had a fun day together fishing on the lake. Clara was an angel, played, smiled, rested, ate....
she is so loved and knows it ~







And look!! Up on her hands and knees!!! Uh oh...we're in trouble now! :)




The other day the door bell rang early in the morning and it startled me....
we don't get many visitors out here in the country!!
Well, it was UPS delivering a package.
I knew I hadn't ordered anything....
but when I looked at who it was from, I smiled.

My sweet friend Marcy, Queen Marcy, sent me a gift package ~
just a random act of kindness
just because she KNOWS me so well.
Marcy has purchased several pieces of my artwork
and know what types of things I love to use in my work ~
she recently purchased a LARGE lot of antique lace
and sent me HALF OF IT!!!

And even better, she sent me some of her artwork as well!!!!
It is a beautiful Lace Keeper she made from a design
of another friend Marcie of The Rustic Victorian
whose work was featured in Somerset Studio Gallery!!!
Oh Marcy ~ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
I love your artwork and will keep her in my studio to inspire me
and the lace??? It's all so beautiful, thank you very much dear friend!!!!
Now....what can I make with this gorgeousness????









A sweet new blogger for you to visit:

Maggie of The Mag Rag!!
She's just started blogging...
Welcome sweet Maggie, we're so glad you're here!

I hope you have a wonderful and always blessed Monday ~
hugs and love,
Dawn


33 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dawn sweet, you truly are a blessed woman with that sweet little girl, and the gifts you are recieving .Such a great packet, I understand you are thankfull, for the life given you.
And so ame I here, -having my little Mathilde and Gustav here this week, is wonderfull.
Wishing you a lovely, and creative monday sweetie.
Love and hugs Dorthe

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That's a really lovely surprize! The laces are beautiful and I'm sure you will create a lot of wonderful projects with the laces. The lace keeper is very sweet! I think you just get the love back that you are giving to everyone! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Julia :-)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a wonderful friend you have in Marcy. Another reason to feel so blessed indeed! And little Clara is so sweet. You are certainly blessed in many ways!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn. You're granddaughter is as cute as a bumble bee. And wow Marcy is a true friend to share all that loot with you. Doesn't it feel good to feel blessed.
Have a beautiful Monday.
Hugs...Tracy :)

Rustic Tarts said...

Clara has such a gorgeous nose! Love the profile...
And that huge bundle of lace, what a lucky duck you are.

Lori said...

Dawn, that Clara is just the sweetest little baby...yes, it does look like she is going to be motoring around pretty soon...you better watch out:) what an amazing gift all of those laces are!!! wow!!! you can make all sorts of pretty things with all of those pretties!!!

terry said...

beautiful lace and beautiful baby- hope you use that profile for a silouette. enjoy the day

The Rustic Victorian said...

Ahhhhh,,,Clara is a doll...all ready for Halloween in her sweet outfit. It does seem like she was just arriving and now almost 7 months.
I love to see Queen Marcy making the Lace Keeper, it is the first I have seen. How awesome she would send it, and the stash of lace. I know you will make good use of it. A girl cannot have too much lace.
Have a wonderful week!
Marcie

Sally L. Smith said...

What a sweetie-girl. She looks very busy--watch out! I love seeing all the toys scattered around; they show that Grandma is more concerned with Clara than neatness. I just visited two of our grandchildren. Grandchildren are so much fun, aren't they? Love the lace.
Sally

Lee Weber said...

Clara looks SO much like you! She is adorable in her Halloween finery.

Love the lace keeper- great idea! I have a little styrofoam dress form that wil be perfect for that!!

Tonya Gunn said...

What a beautiful daughter and it is so amazing how blessed each of us truly are if we stop and look around us.....
What a beautiful blog. So happy to have found it.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That outfit is just too cute! Look at all that lace ~ so pretty.

blushing rose said...

Your plate is overflowing ... what a beautiful wee one. Your parcel has some wonderful goodies in there ... lucky you.

Have a wonderful crisp autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

Maggie said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, Dawn! I am drooling over all of that gorgeous lace and want to squeeze that little Clara--she is a doll!

Charmingdesigns said...

Clara is such a sweetie. It is so much fun to be a part of her journey. That lace....wow, Laurie

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

In as much as children are a blessing, grandchildren go far beyond, not even sure how to express in words, the feeling! Oh, Clara is so beautiful...I just posted about my grandson on Saturday. He is six and the 'love of my life'! Have a wonderful week,
Susie

vikki said...

HI SWEETIE! LIL CLARA IS A DOLL! I KNOW MY LIL 'O' IS MY THREE YEAR OLD THERAPIST, & I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM TOMORROW... LOVE.HIM. THE LOVE YOU GIVE, M'DEAR FRIEND, IS A BLESSING TO US. SO HAPPY FOR YOU TO RECIEVE LOVE RIGHT BACK. WITH LOVE, MANY HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥

Cherrie said...

Love Clara's outfit, so cute!

Charlene said...

LUCKY YOU!!!! The lace fairy came to your house!!!! What a sweet gift.

And Clara is beautiful. Her Halloween outfit is cute!!!! This will be her first Halloween... Lots of photos I'm sure. My hubby always said I would wear out the camera on the kids. He was right. Mine died last night so now I'm off to camera shop. Hugs

Jamie V said...

Oh my heavenly goodness! What a wonderful bunch of lacy treats! And that little 'pumpkin' of yours is a treat as well. My, how she has grown! Jamie V in MT

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

p.s.
I will be celebrating my 'yearly' birthday on the 23rd! I'm sure to remember Clara also on that day!
Take care,
Susie

Mademoiselle Julie said...

Yummy pix! :-) Cheers, Julie

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Dawn

Just popping in to see what you've been up to. I am always so impressed by your creativity.And boy what a little sweetie you have there.

Thanks for stopping by.
Leann

Anne Lorys said...

Clara is just so cute I wanna eat her up! What a little doll. And what a good friend to send you all those goodies. You are blessed Dawn, but it's because you are such a blessing to so many.
Hugs,
Anne

Deb said...

Clara is absolutely precious Dawn & looks so much like you ♥ What an adorable little outfit she has on :-)

Jann said...

Oh, I'm drooling over that lace! What a lovely gift! And, you're right, of course, so many of us are blessed--and what could be more of a blessing than a sweet grandchild! I've got one with me now--our cutie 4 year old Gabby ~ have a great Monday!

chicroses said...

Clara is darling. I love the pic with her raising herself up...I remember when Hattie Jane did that and it wasnt long ago...she is 17mon. now. So grown up. It is so much fun watching them make new strides..It is soooo much fun being a grandma. What a wonderful surprise..all the lace. You deserve to be treat special..Sally

Bambi said...

Clara is just darling! She's growing and changing so much. Just looking at my grands have sometimes brought tears to my eyes! What a blessing they are

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn she is an angel...so very precious!!

:) T

The Jeweled Postcard said...

What adorable pics of sweet Clara! I started coming to your blog when you were awaiting her arrival! And that lace, you luckey gal! I love old lace, actually any lace, old or new! Have a wonderful week! candice♥

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, oh, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You'll have to just imagine my squeals over here. Oh my gosh! What an adorable grandbaby you have. Awwwww. This makes me happy just to visit.

June said...

Isn't it wonderful that the greatest blessings come in such darling little forms?! Clara is beautiful and I know that you count her as one of the best blessings that the Lord could send.
We do have so much to be thankful for and I loved reading your beautiful words today.
Hugs,
June
Your laces are gorgeous. It is a blessing too, to have such sweet friends.

Wish on a Whisker said...

Hi Dawn~ I love the pictures of sweet Clara! She is beautiful! Love her sweet little nose in her profile picture! ~Mandy (Thanks so much for your kind words on the loss of our kitty.)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...