Saturday, December 5, 2009

Evergreen bundles ~

Sometimes the most simple ideas can spark your imagination ~
This is one of those...

I've been thinking of these little evergreen bundles and wanting to share them with you. I have little conifer bushes around my garage and snipped a small limb off.


I cut it into three pieces, but you gauge how large
you want your bundle to be ~



Lay the very tip on top of the middle section to form a bigger bundle ~



Take about a 24" length of hemp and tie, wrap and knot the bundle together leaving two strands.



Tie on a snippet of old lace and you could even add a strip of ribbon you love, seam binding or a strip of torn fabric ~ tie onto your bundle. This is where you get your creative energy going...maybe tie on a cinnamon stick, red berries....etc.



I've added an old clip-on earring to the bundle.



So now, instead of hanging tassels on your cabinet knobs or doors.....



Hang a festive greenery bundle to add a special touch to your home or gifts!! Plus you can salvage your lace and earring should the greenery dry out after Christmas....

Any greenery will do, clippings from a pine tree, boxwood or even a snippet from a shrub outside your door ~



A few Santa tags for you!


Look at Diana of Vintage Blue Studio's new snowman ornament!!!!
I love how different they all can look ~ use your creativity, the colors you love and make your own little snowman ornament ~







Today we just about finished up our Christmas shopping!!!! YAAAAAY!!! I'm so proud to have it done ~ just a few gift cards left and they are pretty stress free.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend sweet friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn


22 comments:

Sandy D. said...

Oh Dawn, the greenery bundles are beautiful, simple elegance! I am going to make some for my home. This year my plan is to have a simple, natural holiday and your idea will be a wonderful addition. Have a wonderful weekend. PS we had our first snowfall of the season today. Hugs. Sandy

sharon said...

I agree, this is simply beautiful, the old earring and lace make it!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute and sweet. What a lovely little idea. I just stopped by Lowes the other day leaving Michaels and they said I could have all the Christmas tree trimmings I wanted. So I grabbed a few branches and headed home. Now I know just what to do, to have a little Christmas scent in every room.

Thanks for being so smart. Hugs... Tracy :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a cute idea, Dawn! I actually cut some bigger pieces from trees and bushes in my yard to fill my pot in front of the house. I'm going to post those pictures this week ~ I love that I got everything right from my yard and that it was free.

Connie said...

I just did some creative things with pine cones today, sweetpea. There will be for my pink and white tree. The blog post will be on 12/21 though. Drop by and check it out. I looooove what you did with the greenery, sweet chick.
xoxo,
Connie

Barbara Jean said...

sweet and simple idea!

thanks
And thanks for the Santa tags.

so oldish!

blessings and hugs

barbara jean

Abatevintage said...

Dawn these are so neat, what a fun festive idea, I love it, and it turned out so wonderful. I agree they are charming.


•·.·´S`·.W`·.E`·.E`·.T`·.·•
Blessings
»-(¯`v´¯)-»HEIDI

The Rustic Victorian said...

I think the simple ease of nature is a wonderful, wonderful gift. No matter where you live, God has provided gifts to gather, to make art with.
Try tucking a couple of the pressed flowers with the bundle, do you like it? Now then....sigh...
I have been thinking alot about you, sweet friend, sweet Mamma Bird, Merry Christmas!
Love
Marcie

Lori said...

your little greenery bundles are so cute Dawn...what a sweet idea!!!

Karen said...

Dawn,
The greenery is so sweet! I have no time for creating right now with DH in the hospital so I am reading blogs to keep me going. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandy said...

What a beautiful small simple touch that adds class and elegance. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Dawn, your green tassel idea is brilliant! I'm going to try it myself, maybe even for decorating a simple kraft paper wrapped gift...

Anonymous said...

Dawn, money doesn't bring happiness, does it! Simple pleasures do! Love your little bundle!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Dawn.. thanks so much for sharing this! I have been scouring the yard between spurts of rain, sleet and snow! Now the drying process! And the santa tags were an extra treat!
Cat

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hey Dawn...I bet a few of those bundles around the house would give off a heavenly scent !!!
Sometimes the simplest thing is the loveliest...I love that santa clip art, has always been one of my favorites!!!! Thanks for sharing....We have lots of snow and overcast skys today, a good snuggle in and craft day, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

kathy said...

Love the evergreen bundles !! the tags are great -- wow shopping all finished -- You go girl !! wish I was -- Kathy - ga ♥

Elyse said...

hi dawn,

your little bundles are so sweet. i always love twine! i like how it keeps things from getting too cute.

xo

Libbie said...

Dawn you finished your shopping!!! YEah! I am so jealous/happy :) And just when I was starting to check a few things off my DO BY CHRISTMAS list now I have to go add MAKE LITTLE CUTE FEATHERED NEST BUNDLES :)

That lace is the PERFECT touch! I NEVER would have thought of that! But I love it & thnk I need some. Thanks for sharing that great idea!

Tammy/Yesterday's Cottage said...

LOVE the evergreen bundle idea....so easy that even I may actually be able to do it! LOL! Have a warm and wonderful week!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Your evergreen bundles are so lovely Dawn! Those simple little touches make your home feel so much more cozy and warm! I know what I will be doing today! :)
Enjoy your day sweet Dawn~
Love & Hugs, Carol Anne

KarenB said...

I love this tassel idea, Dawn. I'll add that to my to do list. ;-)
Merry Christmas

Karen @ Elderberry Street

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I just loved reading your ideas. I have used the evergreen pieces on parcels before and I think it makes a great finish to a brown paper package. I have also found a couple of old birds nests that I find is a work of art. I have those in the house. I found one blowing down the street after a storm. Just had to stop and say hello and how much I enjoyed my visit.
Janice


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...