Friday, May 6, 2011

A tribute to a mother's love ~

(This post was from a few years ago near Mother's Day....I love it enough to repost!!)

A Mother's Love

Author Unknown


There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all of our fears.
 
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.














I wanted  to share just a few images that I've collected over the years
that would be perfect for a Mother's Day card!!

Being the mother to our five sons has truly been the most important,
hard and wonderful thing I've ever done and continue to do.
If I do nothing else in this lifetime...
this alone has been such a joy and honor to me.



I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend precious friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn



16 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Happy Mother's Day Dawn. It's the best job I've ever had and I know you feel the same way. Beatiful post my friend.

suziqu's thread works said...

Such a truely beautiful tribute! Hope you have a wonderful "Mother's Day" sharing some of it with your 5 sons.
Hugs, Suzy

LADY JANE said...

Beautiful Dawn! And in our lives as if being a Mother was not a honor enough God graces us with the pleasure of being a Grandmother and we experience a whole new different oportunity to love a child! Happy Mothers Day!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Happy Mother's Day Dawn. These are great images and the poem is a nice tribute to our mothers. Thanks so much for making your blog such a warm and happy place to visit. I hope your sons and husband treat you like a princess tomorrow. ~ Abby ~

Theresa said...

Happy Mother's Day Dear Dawn! Thanks for the poem and the pictures! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS!

Unknown said...

such a beautiful post...the words..the images....happiest of mother's day to you!

Barbara said...

Oh such a precious post, God bless you, and may you have a wonderful Mother's day, may your children rise up and call you blessed.
Hugs Barbara

Vee said...

Lovely images...I am always drawn to those that show a mother and child looking into each other's eyes. It's a love thing. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! I know that those sons of yours make you proud.

Shopgirl said...

Happy Mother's Day Dear Dawn!!! Hugs, Mary

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Happy Mother´s day Dawn :) I love being a mom but I have always said that it´s the most difficult job I have ever done, but I still love it. We never know if we are doing the RIGHT thing or saying the RIGHT thing, but I´m proud to be a MOM:) Have a great day.

Suz said...

What a lovely post, Dawn. I just adore this set of pictures, every last one, and I am going to make good use of them. Of all of the things in my life that matter, being a mother and wife are at the top of the list. And my own mother, who I lost at age eighteen, is still up at the top of those I love, with my husband and daughter.
This made me teary...but in a good way!
Fondly,
Suz

Unknown said...

Very sweet post-Thank you.Have a beautiful Mothers Day Down!
Hugs

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

Happy Mopther's Day!

Big Hugs
Charo

nancarts said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your pics of Mothers are
all beautiful. A lovely tribute to all Mothers.
I remember my wonderful Mother, not only on Mother's Day, but every day! I miss her so much.
I am the Mother of three amazing daughters.
Have a great day!

Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy

A bird in the hand said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mama Bird!!
xoxoxox

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Hi! I'm a new follower! I hope you'll come follow me too!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...