Thursday, August 4, 2011

Inspiring me today ~


I've been trying to organize my wonderful old photos and
ephemera collections lately. I have a small four-drawer night stand
crammed in the studio that I totally cleaned out and thought it would
be great to place to store all the goodies that I love to scan!
Here are a couple of new photographs for you to have:





I found the most wonderful french text image and printed it out onto tracing paper...




First I cut the tracing paper the same size as normal copy paper 8 1/2" x 11"
and simply feed it into the printer as I would any other paper.
It will smear when it comes out, so don't touch the ink!


I place the sheet inside of an old cardboard box and
spray a thin coating of fixative over top.





And what is this you ask?
A chunk of wood that was found in our old barn.
It want's me to turn it into something....
Yes, I'm a nut...and I love old, cruddy stuff.




One of my recent finds, these pendant watch cases!
I want to create a teeny collage to go inside ~





I've felt like a slug lately.
This time of year just chokes me ~ the heat and humidity are unbearable.
I don't like wishing time away but I'm SO ready for fall!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





11 comments:

Lisa said...

Great minds and all...I just finished a post about repurposing an old four-drawer dresser into storage for my vintage dress patterns...

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/2011/08/organized.html

Can't wait to see what you do with the hunk of wood (I do the same thing-you wouldn't believe the pile of chippy gross wood my husband tries to sneak past me...)

Smiles,
Lisa

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Sounds like you've got some great ideas!

I know how you feel about being a slug. I've been having the hardest time creating. Then I'll catch a splurge of energy, then go back to being a slug. It's this heat and humidity. Today is actually cool, but as much as I try, I just can't get into making anything.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dawn for sharing this photograph of the young girl. It's charming isn't it, the way she is showing off all her pretty things? I imagine in those days, they were fewer, and especially treasured.

Lena

Anonymous said...

Girl with the fan - love her! Now, just how teeny do you have to make your fingers to work out a teeny collage to fit in those watch cases?? Yowza! Look forward to a finished product!
Joy!
Miss Kathy
P.S. Saw you joined me over at the Writer's Reverie as #90. May have to do a give away when I reach 100! So glad you visited!

Joy Lett said...

I know- the heat is stifling. I have so many pieces that need paint or a piece of wood or something but heck I can barely breathe in the garage.

Pat said...

Dawn, It was 114 here yesterday....and so very humid. I'm like you....a slug in the heat. I'm very inspired by you and can't wait to see what you do with the various items in this post. I especially love the French text...and oh my....that 'cruddy' board. LOVE it! Thank you so much for being YOU! pat

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see what you make of your findings! :)
I gave you an award on my last post! You can find it here at The Modest Peacock

Deb Plapp said...

I hear ya sister! I don't like to wish my life away either, but I LOVE fall!!! I feel more alive. The air is so nice and crisp up here in Illinois. Can't wait to see what you do with the wood and the watch casings.

Sandy D. said...

Hey sweetie, I understand about the heat. Yesterday we had a little break in the weather and the horses and dogs were full of themselves. I had more energy too. But like you I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I LOVE THOSE WATCH CASES! They have it all - vintage look, glitter, petite. Cannot wait to see what you create with them. Enjoy your weekend!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love old photographs - especially of babies and children! It makes me a little sad to see them at flea markets, antique shops and shows though. I always wonder why they weren't being loved and admired by a family member.

Thanks for sharing your inspiration, Dawn. If you join linky parties, I would love to have you share your inspiration at my party.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

It's so awesome to have your ephemera organized -- I did that recently and it's heaven! I love your idea for the tiny collages in the watch cases! And, I really want to try that tracing paper idea! You are inspiring me!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...