Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A few gifts for you and remembrance ~


I've been an absolute bumbling idiot lately.
Thinking of tons of ideas, thinking of patterns I have,
trying to find the things that I know I have somewhere...
Truthfully, I'm all over the place over here!

I did run across more of my beautiful ephemera collection and
scanned a few new things for you.
And if they look like repeats...just give me a break
and say to yourself, "that girl has lost it!"

I hope they're not....
a beautiful guardian angel print, click on it a couple of times
so it will it's largest size when you save it to your computer!





A few years ago I bought a big ol' pack of French ephemera
from Corey Amaro of Tongue in Cheek
and this was one of the many pieces she mailed me...
I don't think I had scanned this one yet to share ~



A precious illustration:




I will never, ever forget where I was eleven years ago today.
We all remember what we were doing, right?
This tragedy rocked the world and still makes me cry...
Today I am remembering those whose lives were lost,
those who sacrificed their lives to save others...
and those where were left behind to salvage their lives
without their precious loved ones.
Our world would never be the same again.








Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments
about our sweet grandbaby who seems to be VERY happy where he is!

You KNOW I will be posting something as soon as the action gets started
but obviously this little angel is LATE for his party!!!


Have a wonderful Tuesday my dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





9 comments:

Jamie said...

Dawn - I look forward to your posts so much! I know exactly what you mean by feeling 'all over the place' lately! That's me as well! Can't wait to hear about your grandbaby's arrival! Thanks always for your inspiration! Jamie V in MT

Susan said...

Dawn, I think there is something in the air. Lots of people are feeling the way you are, all over the place. I know I certainly am.
I can always tell when there is something in the air by the way my clients are feeling. These past few months I have had to hospitalize more people, because they have become unstable.
I don't mean that you are unstable, I just mean I think there is something in the air that is causing us not to be at our best.

Vee said...

We'll never forget even as we move on. Hope that little Murray arrives soon.

Susie said...

Dawn, Thank you for sharing so much. xo, Susie

Linda said...

Hi Dawn,

your photo tells all. I still cry when I see the photos. Today is a day of remembrance and reflection, hope and prayer.
Hope your grand baby comes soon!

XO Linda

Theresa said...

I will never forget that day! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Pat C. said...

Thank you, Dawn, for the beautiful vintage images, and for your heartfelt words about the unimaginable tragedy that occurred 11 years ago. Over 700 people from NJ (where I live) died that day, so just about everyone in the state had some connection to at least one of the victims.

But I just found the following online. It was a letter to the editor published September 13, 2011, in The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ):

>>We all lost someone

If anyone asks if you lost someone at the World Trade Center or the Pentagon or in Pennsylvania on 9/11, you should reply, “Yes.” If you are asked who you lost, you should reply, “All of them.”

Those of us who were alive to experience that awful event and each of us who was not yet born lost all those who were killed on that day: They were us and we were them.

We were related to them by our common humanity. They were our brothers, our sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, friends and neighbors.

Each of us should mourn all 2,977 lost as if we were related to them.

The importance of this remembrance lies in our common unity and protection of each other through constant vigilance and pride in our nation, which, although not perfect, has given us the greatest place to live on the face of the Earth.

Stan Werther, Edison<<

Dorthe said...

Dearest Dawn,-
I am happy for your images, also if they are shown before---sometimes I can`t remember where I saved them-so doing it all over again in a new place :-)
****************
I will alwayes also remember this fhoto and the many others I saw in the TV that day.... the most terrible tragedy.
Blessings to all whom lost a dear one that day!!!
Love and hugs to you sweet friend.
Dorthe

Cindy said...

Dawn, thank you for sharing your beautiful images. The angel was so appropriate for 9/11.
I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around the tragedy of 9/11

so awful and senseless...
God bless America

My grandson had to be coaxed out of my daughter. He was just so comfy and cozy! I can't wait to see pictures! Grandkids are the best!
xo
Cindy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...