Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A few of my favorite things...





Do you have certain books that you love to pull out,
get cozy and pour over again and again???

I admit it, I LOVE books! I'm not that fond of fiction,
(I can get so wrapped up in them that I get NOTHING done!)
but books filled with the style that I love or that
share techniques and ideas that inspire me.

I thought I'd share a few with you today ~

First, this is an older book but to me, is always beautiful and timeless...
The Serene Home by Eileen Cannon Paulin
I have a few inside shots from previous post that I've
included and believe me, it's wonderful!!























* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *





Another beautiful book that I absolutely LOVE is Fifi O'Neill's Romantic Prairie Style!
I love the look of this book, the styling, simply everything....
this one will always be one of my classics.



I need to take a few inside shots for you just to give you an idea
of how wonderful it is!!!






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *






I LOVE this book too...I've shown it to you before but
it's so wonderful, it's worth seeing again!
I took a ton of photos of the inside for you too...
Rediscovered Treasures by Ellen Dyrop and Hanna Kristinsdottir


























* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *







I have a special fondness for Victoria books...
the old ones and even the new ones.
I bought this gorgeous book a few years ago
and have to share a teeny bit
of the goodness that's inside this one ~
Victoria 500 Christmas Ideas
Here's a tiny peek:












These were some of my favorite ideas from the first few pages!!
It's not too early to starting thinking Christmas ~ it will be here in the blink of an eye.





And don't forget to enter my 2000th Post Giveaway!!!
All you have to do is leave a comment ON THIS POST ~


Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




13 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Such lovely books! So many inspiring ideas!
Michelle

marda said...

I have the 2nd and 3rd books you posted about..love them too. They're kept near my rocking chair for easy perusal. I don't have that first one, but I'm going to see about getting it. There's a picture of a cloche that I have in a different book and I've tried to "capture" that same look, the one with the books, birds, old spoon.. etc. I loved that grouping. I've got a few of the Victoria books myself, never get tired of looking through them either.

Vee said...

Those do look like sweet books to enjoy over and over again and would you believe that they are non-fiction books? True. I'm liking non-fiction much more than fiction lately myself.

Maria said...

I love all books you showed us, specially the first one...that is now on my wishlist.
Hugs
Maria

Unknown said...

Beautiful books with beautiful things.

morkaren said...

Uha, jeg har rigtig mange bøger som jeg vender tilbage til "igen og igen" og det er også julebøger og interiør bøger. knus morkaren.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They all look like beautiful books with lots of inspiration, Dawn! I have several that I pull down from the shelves myself to look through. Sometimes to just enjoy again, other times looking for inspiration.

Beverly Sager said...

I absolutely adore books like these - how could I have missed these? Thanks so much for sharing - will have to do some Amazon shopping!

Dorthe said...

OH sweetie, you are tempting me....
I purchased the :Rediscovered treasures, last time you showed it on your blog :-)
and now I would love to buy both Prairie Style, and the one from Victoria mags.
All of them looks beautiful to me. Thankyou dearest Dawn, for showing some (for me) Christmas wisches, I love to get books for christmas.
Love and hugs, Dorthe

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Do you have to have a subscription to this magazine oh my I want one

Barbara Jean said...

all so wonderful!!!
love them..

blessings
barb

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

I love to read as well and can get caught up in a good fictional book for hours and hours!!
These books are absolutely lovely with SO many inspirational ideas that can be referred to time and time again. I think I'm going to have to do some shopping!! Thank you for sharing.

Pat C. said...

Oh, my! I could get lost in such gorgeous books for days! Thank you for sharing them with us. I'll have to see if my library carries them.

Thank you, too, for the sweet image of the little girl and her dove.♥

xoxo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...