Thursday, January 3, 2013

The sweetness of the new year ~


I just love the feeling!
It's a new year...time for fresh starts and new beginnings ~
Mostly I feel a wonderful surge of creativity!!
What to do? Where to begin?
I just want to make something!

A repeat image for you...
I'll never forget finding this gorgeous sheet music knowing
how wonderful it would be to share with you here on my blog ~
be sure to click it so it will be the largest for you to save.





I've started on my curtain panels!!
They are really going to be quite narrow as the windows are very, very tall
and not wide at all.
But I'm loving how they are looking so far....
we'll see how they look on the windows!






I forgot to share this yummy hand lotion I found at Ross on my birthday ~
it was only about 3.50 and it has the most beautiful rose scent...
and since it's right by my computer,
I use it CONSTANTLY!!




And this too!
I found this pretty rug at Ross on my birthday ~
I needed a new rug in the foyer and this was just perfect for only 30 dollars!
Don't look too close, it's already dirty from our New Year's gathering :)



I hope your new year has started off so very good...
but honestly,
I truly believe it will be as wonderful as we make it,
don't you think?

Wishing you a great Thursday my sweet friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



18 comments:

Sandy said...

I always love to see what wonderfulness you are up to Dawn. A belated Happy Birthday to you! Lovely finds. Happy sewing.

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

I can't wait to see the curtains! Love the rug, as I adore a touch of black in my rooms. We have two runners similar to the one you bought, and a smaller one in our entry way as well. Enjoy your day!

Vee said...

Indeed! Just as lovely as we make it...

Those drapes are going to be beautiful...

Like the new foyer rug very much...looks as if the door clears nicely, which is the difficulty I run into here.

Have fun!

Theresa said...

Love Ross and their bargains:) Sweet curtain material, I know they will be gorgeous when you add your touch! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ha! I think that's the same rug I got for my living room a few weeks ago, Dawn! : ) I got an 8 x 10 but also a little one for by the front door. You got going fast on those panels! I can't wait to see them.

Lorrie said...

That fabric is prettier each time you show it. Hope the panel sewing is moving along well. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

At Home in English Valley said...

That fabric is so you! It will add so much to your already lovely farmhouse. Something like new curtains gives the house a lift as well as your spirits. I think January is the perfect time for little sprucing up. A day like today, when it is so dark and gray, needs a little something to cheer you. I always turn to your dear blog and always come away refreshed! Thank you Dawn, Wishing you every good thing for 2013! Love, Penny

Dawn said...

I have curtains on the immediate to-do-list. Nothing so grand as yours. Mine will be simple ivory broadcloth cafes for three windows.
Appreciate your stopping by.
Much love,
D xo

debi said...

Can't wait to see your curtains, the fabric is just beautiful!

Lilmade Designs said...

Thank you for the beautiful image! I enjoyed reading your post, I love the fabric and your Laura Ashley find!

Lisa said...

Hey Sweets,
I love that dang sheet music. Did it transfer well? I forgot to ask you that. Everytime I copy sheet music off the computer its nutty looking.
Your black rug is awesome, I have a thing for black in rugs. And I know those curtains are going to add even more texture and warmth to your cottage!
Lisa

Laura said...

Thanks for your inspiring energy and encouraging attitude. Let's all make it a great year!

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Dawn,
Those curtains are going to be so pretty! I am dreaming of moving soon and will be in curtain making mode too. I like a fresh new look now and then. Happy Birthday and a very happy year to you and your lovely family!
Hugs,
Sherry

Shabby soul said...

Darling Dawn thanks so much for the beautiful inspiring ideas you share with us!
Happy 2013, full of creativity
Silvia

Pendra said...

Your curtain fabric is beautiful, can't wait to see them finished! Your rug is also very lovely...I've never heard of Ross, must not be one in my area of Minnesota.
Hugs,
Pendra

Lisa said...

Thank you for the beautiful sheet music. I can't wait to see your curtains complete. I'm needing to make a few pairs for my home and I'm sure I'll be inspired when I see yours.

Pat C. said...

I can't wait to see your finished curtains, Dawn... the fabric is so pretty. And the rug is also gorgeous! Thirty dollars?? Wow! xoxo

Unknown said...

I could hardly wait to see your finished product, Dawn! As I see the print, I can’t keep myself from imagining how beautiful it would be. I like its simplicity. It really can make a difference by making the windows look softer and finer.

Roxie Tenner


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...