Saturday, July 12, 2014

A little work-in-progress!



I've been thinking of creating this sweet doll for a very long time!!
I finally started her today by creating aluminum foil forms.
I bought the cheapest, thinnest foil I could find too.
It's much easier to manipulate and "sculpt" into body parts.

I want her limbs to move and hang freely, so I used wire to create
a "U" shape and inserted into each limb and to the bottom of her head as well.
I added glue to the edges of the wire and inserted them ~
so they should stay put!

As for the body, I made more "U" shaped wires and inserted those as well BUT
I did not glue those.
Once I form the paper clay over the body and limbs,
I'll have to be able to link them together!
Then I will glue the wire pins into the body.

Stay tuned....I'm still working on the head!






The torso and limbs now have paper clay added ~




It always, always feel so good to be making something to share with you!!!

Happy Saturday precious friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn






9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Doll creating is an amazing craft/art to me, Dawn. I wish I had the talent to do it because there is just something about a doll. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Elderberry Dreams said...

I can't wait to see her either! I love that every doll can be different and take on a life and personality of their own. Just like us humans! I am pretty sure if I even attempted to make one it would turn out looking like an alien of some sort :-)

Vee said...

Dolls! I had no idea that you could claim dollmaker to your long list of talents. This will be fun to see!

Nancy said...

So Glad to see you started!! I never would have thought this was the way one started making a hand sculpted doll. This is going to be a fun process to see come to completion. You are just so Talented!!

Huggs, Nancy

Mitzi said...

Making a doll is something I've always wanted to try.....I love the doll you sold before, so this one will be wonderful I'm sure!

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Oh, how sweet - love your pudgy little doll in the making - right down to her widdle belly button! I have to say, I've been a potter for some time now and have known about paper clay but only recently become aware of its many uses. Several years ago I made the components for a porcelain "doggie doll", and bought a few books on art doll making. I simply adore them, and seeing your lovely dolls makes me want to quit dragging my feet and finally finish mine. Thank you so much for being such an inspiration! Cindy from TheCranesNest.com

Heartwideopen said...

OH! Cute Cute Cute!!! I want to create one of these so much. As soon as I recover from surgery this week I'm going to try my hand at it! I can't wait to see how your doll turns out!!!!
HuGGs!
Debi

Theresa said...

Oh what a cute little chubby one:) I can't wait to see it all finished! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Marlynne said...

Looks Interesting! Will be fun to see how it comes together.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...